Re: copying a 12GB file

Sinan Nalkaya wrote:
if the server is debian, the nfs daemon provided by nfs-kernel-server
packet should do fine, i wrote and read 40 gb daha to nfs server without
any problem, didnt measure the time/speed.

The server I wanted to to copy the file from is running Debian Woody,
kernel 2.4.20. The workstation is running Debian testing with 'stock'
kernel. I used the workstation as the NFS-server.

When trying to copy the file in async mode, I got between 1.5--2 GB only before
it failed with an I/O error, at a decent speed. Sync mode didn't seem to fail,
but it turned out to be awfully slow. I calculated that it would have needed
about 14 hours to copy 12 GB. I didn't want to wait that long ... :)

Any ideas why NFS doesn't work?

GH