Debian 3.1 with bacula backup package BUG

Hi guys,

I am running debian 3.1 with  adaptec scsi tape drive card and I am running bacula  1.36.2 debian package and i have configured my director,storage and fd when i try to restart the director daemon it will restart but when i went to process check it is not showing and the messages file is having below error

st0:MTSETDRVBUFFER only allowed for root

st0 is my scsi tape drive

i have changed the permissions and ownership of st0 to root

I am using kerel version 2.4.27-2-686-smp #1 on dell poweredge 1650

Can some one help me how fix this problem

Thank you