Re: ERP & accounting software

Bernard Fay wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I need suggestion for ERP and accounting softwares running on Linux and
> if it could be package for Debian it would be a plus.  It would be for a
> small to medium business.
>
> TIA,
>
> Bernard

I've begin experimenting with sql-ledger.  It is very flexible and
powerul.  Consqeuntly, it will probably take a good bit of tweaking and
configuring to get it how you like.  One big advantage is that
everything is done through a web interface and the permission system is
very fine grained.  So, for example, you can have users that can only
view certain accounts, others who can view all accounts, and yet others
that can view all and only modify some accounts.

On the down side, the documentation is not free, and if you want it you
must be prepared to pay the author for it.

As far as ERP, I have experimented briefly with crm-ctt (not packaged
for Debian).  The interface is very nice and looks very professional.
However, it only works with MySQL.  I started working to port it to
PostgreSQL (since I refuse to deploy MySQL), but I won't have the time
to finish it for a few more months.

Regards,

-Roberto

--