Re: Debian Install problem on Inspiron

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 00:14 +0200, Oğuz Yarımtepe wrote:
> Hi. I tried to install  Debian Inspiron 16000 with Debian 3.1r1, rc2,
> netsinstall and Sarge. Each time the installation failed because the
> installed couldnt find a disk for partititoning.
>
> Here are outputs of some commands when i opened the machine with Knoppix:
>
> lspci -vv: http://pastebin.com/580921

it looks as though you have similar hardware to me. i have a debian
inspiron 6000, and have debian running. i installed debian using a 2.4
kernel. then, once installed, i compiled my own kernel with certain
atapi tricks.

install24 at lilo should work

keep in mind that there will be no dma on the drive during the install
process and it will seem slow. this will be corrected later with a new
kernel that sees the drive as scsi.