Re: packages as per sources

Hello *,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 07:10:02AM -0800, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> May be I was not clear. I wanted to packages installed say from nerim
> source. How to get it?

If there is an appropriate entry in /etc/apt/sources.list and the list
have been updated (i.e. via "aptitude update"):

| $ aptitude search '~i~O"Unofficial Multimedia Packages"' | wc -l
| 18

So I have 18 packages from nerim.net installed.
"Unofficial Multimedia Packages" as per the corresponding
/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_sid_Release.

See /usr/share/aptitude/README for details about the search term.

> Further how to know what packages available from a source say nerim.
> How to go about?

See above, just drop the ~i.

HTH,
Flo