Re: GRUB problem?

Keith Willis schreef:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a weird one...  I've noticed that as soon as the GRUB
> boot-loader runs, I lose my DVD-RW drive.  It functions normally if I
> jump into the BIOS setup at boot time, then ceases to respond the
> moment GRUB runs, so that even if I boot into WinXP, the drive does
> not show up.  Restoring the MBR makes the problem go away, so it is
> definitely not a drive problem.
>
> I can't see anything specifically about this at the GNU GRUB home
> page.  Anyone have any ideas, please?
>
> Thx,
> klw
> --
> http://www.bytebrothers.co.uk (not currently working)
> PGP key ID 0xEB7180EC

I had a problem with GRUB last week, it seemed that 'timeout' didn't
work. I also noted that I had the same problem with LILO and even when
starting a live-cd.

When I unplugged the keyboard I had no problem! As you can imagine the
problem disappeared when I bought a new keyboard.

The strange fact was that the only way in which I found the problem was
when booting. After the boot process the keyboard worked fine.

Maybe your problem is somehow similar?