Unable to Unmount Flash Drive

Hello -

I'm getting the following error message every time I attempt to unmount my USB flash drive.

Error

Cannot unmount volume

The volume was probably mounted manually on the command line.

Details

Device to unmount is not in /media/.hal-mtab so it is not mounted by H
AL

Contrary to the message, I didn't mount it manually on the command line.  It's been occurring now about a week.  Previously, there was no problem.  I guess it's not a big issue just pulling it out, but I'd rather do it the proper way.  Since it began, I've been going to Administration > Disk and simply disabling it.

Sebastian

--
"...heart and soul....one will burn."
- Joy Division