Re: installing java (for limewire)

Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 01:31:47PM +0100, Robert Epprecht wrote:

>> My children want to use limewire.

>> Please tell me what exactly to install, so that I can post error messages.
>> I'm working on both, a sarge *and* a sid system.

> On the sid system you can install the sun-java packages from non-free.
> sun-java5-jre should be enough.

Ah, thank you. I didn't have non-free, that's why I did not find these
packages.

> If it doesn't help please post the error message.

Unfortunately it did not help, I get the same error messages as before:

x@p4s:~$ limewire
Starting LimeWire...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
OOPS, you don't seem to have a valid JRE. LimeWire works best with Sun JRE available at http://www.java.com
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /usr/lib/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com
ls: /usr/java/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /usr/java/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com
ls: /opt/j*: No such file or directory
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /opt/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com

x@p4s:~$ java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)

[snip]

What's the problem?
Robert