Re: postfix w/ SASL

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 19:12 -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing this via .deb?
> Doesn't look like it will work or I'm missing a lot of something...

Hi Tom,

I've only managed to do this once before (on SUSE) and I wish I had
written a howto based on that, because I've not managed to get it
working since.  The Postfix part, as per the Postfix docs are fairly
straight forward, but I think the difficult part is SASL itself.  I wish
I knew why they chose to call it "Simple Authentication" :-)

Maybe part of why I'm struggling is because my db backend for e-mail
addresses, usernames and passwords is MySQL, but either ways, it's not
easy or well documented.

If you get this going, please tell us how or what docs you used
successfully.

Thanks
Hans