Re: Sound

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 09:50 +0100, Fritz Wettstein wrote:

I just want to try Flightgear and unfortunately it depends on sound
capabilities and I'm stuck once more. Flightgear reports:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy

My guess is that you're running a sound server of some sort. This does
software mixing if your card can't do it in hardware. (Basically this
will let you play two sounds at the same time).

Take a look here and try the configurations given for the .openalrc
file. (You can skip the parts about running configure --help) Start with
the one for esd and if that doesn't work, try the one for alsa.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/flightgear_wiki/index.php?title=Linux_software_audio_mixing_with_FlightGear#FlightGear

It's so sad that you still need to care at all about this :(

Don't worry I'm not in a hurry; oops sounds like poetry but it's unintentional:-) Ive plenty of time to solve this problem.

I have to do some reading about alsa sound and the like, but as I told; I'm not in a hurry:-)

Fritz