Re: Release date of Debain Etch

On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 22:29 +0530, Raghu Kodali wrote:
>    It was announced that Etch will be released in Dec 2006. Can anybody
> tell me when it will be released (as stable). I am not brave enough to
> upgrade to a "testing" Etch.  I am using Sarge 3.1r4 right now.

Hi,

Debian doesn't set release dates, the December date was only an
estimate. The best way to keep track of Etch is to keep an eye on the
debian-devel-announce list.

See for example the latest status update here,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/12/msg00008.html

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson