Re: Clon disks with dd command

Paul Johnson wrote:
http://wiki.ursine.ca/Top_posting

Alejandro wrote:

Is it possible to use "dd" if I have to disks with the same size but
different models like this:
Yes, it is. As long as the disks are the same size, the rest is just
details.

Dear Paul, just a last short question: suppose I have a hard disk A with Linux and I want to clon this disk (A) to a new hard disk B; is it possible to boot into single user from A and then execute "dd if=A of=B" ??

Or do I have to get another machine with a hard disk C with Linux and from here execute "dd if=A of=B" ???

Really thanks,

alejandro.-