Re: ignore additional launches

Is there a way to have applications that are opening ignore subsequent > requests to open?
Sure.  Change the icon to run a wrapper shell script which checks
first to see if the binary's running.  The script would grep the
process table:

   #!/bin/sh
   #

   if [ "$(/bin/ps fax | /bin/grep '/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox')" ]; then
      exit 1
   else
      /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox &
      exit 0
   fi

Thanks. I just tried this at home, and it seems to work (I'm using Gnome, but I'm sure that this will work on the KDE set up I have at work.) The application starts to open several windows, but then all of them but the first one close.

Mark