Re: XP and Samba.....again

Sorry, I just dropped into this thread, but...

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, schmity wrote:

Here is my latest from the command line.  Looks like the problem is a
user and password problem.

###############################
Linuxbox:/home/brent# smbclient -L linuxbox
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Linuxbox:/home/brent# smbclient -L linuxbox -U brent
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Linuxbox:/home/brent# smbclient -L linuxbox -U root
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Linuxbox:/home/brent# man smbclient
Reformatting smbclient(1), please wait...
Linuxbox:/home/brent#

I recently had a very similar expeience -- what solved it for me was
setting up the smbpasswd file on the samba server, adding the relevant
uid-password pairs, and telling samba to use encrypted..  Without this
I couldn't get connected, even though I told samba not to use
encrypted passwords and told XP to send passwords in plaintext.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don

--