Re: Debian as a Web server

Am 2006-12-12 23:38:35, schrieb Justin Hartman:
> Forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong list but I am not sure
> where this kind of a email would be posted to. That said, I am
> interested to find out people's perspective on running Debian stable
> as a web server in a production environment.
>
> I have noticed that Red Hat, Suse, CentOS, Fedora, etc. appear to
> dominate the web server market as the backend powering most production
> servers and I'm wondering why Debian doesn't feature?

Where do you have read this?

Those are commercial Distributions which push millions of Dollars into
publicity, while Debian if 100% community driven and non-commercial

I run around 160 Servers and 23 Workstations in my own Enterprise with
Debian only (no other OS)...  and I have to maintain 2800 customers
Servers and Workstations.  --  All running Debian.

No need for any commercial OS/Distribution.

> I own two dedicated web servers and they run Red Hat and CentOS but
> what makes them different to Debian? I have done a lot of reading and
> research on Debian and my impression of, particularly stable is that
> it is one of the most reliable, stable GNU/Linux systems available out
> there.

Updating of RedHat/Fedora machines are the HELL.
This is WHY I am dedicated "Debian GNU/Linux Consultant".

I have tried to make services on RedHat and SuSe machines
but giving up.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)