Re: cleanup after dist-upgrade

Hans du Plooy wrote:
On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:29 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
What's the best way to clean this up?  By the looks of it I now have
two versions of mysql installed.  mysql -V does give me the 5.0.30
though:
[snip]

I just noticed:
ii  mysql-server-4.1               5.0.30-1   <====
mysql database server (transitional package)

Ok, so it's not an issue.

Will these packages eventually be removed with regular apt-get
update/upgrade?
I don't think so, but transitional packages like the mysql-server-4.1 can be safely removed once they have brought in the new packages as a dependency. You can check this with apt-get show, or aptitude show.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com