Re: Alsa needs reconfiguration after every reboot

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:52:00PM -0800, Bill wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-18-12 at 20:06 -0500, Colin wrote:
> > It's not alsactl store like the other posters have said.
> > You need to load the sound modules that alsaconf loads
> > after it has run.
>
> How to do that?

In days gone by you could stick modules you want loaded in
/etc/modules.  I'm not sure that works anymore.

> Ok. It's a Soundblaster live. snd-emu10k1 with a bunch of
> related modules. Here's a partial output from lsmod.

Before or after alsaconf? Save lsmod before calling it and
again after, then compare.

For what it's worth, I had a problem like this and it went
away at some point, and I can't remember what I did. But
this solution here is a workaround rather than a fix.

--
Jon Dowland