Re: etch : not loading some kernel modules howto ?

On Monday 18 December 2006 05:56, Fabrice Lorrain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to not load some modules on a fresh etch install with
> almost no result.
>
> Any decent documentation explaining how to do it ?
>
> The configuration is a small etch install with less than 176 packages
> running vanilla linux-image-2.6.18-3-686 debian kernel.
>
> The modules to remove :
> pcspkr
> parport_pc
> parport
> dm_snapshot
> dm_mirror
> dm_mod
> cdrom
>
> Blacklisting those through /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist doesn't work. Works
> for others (floppy, intel_agp, agpgart, shpchp, pci_hotplug, psmouse).

No solution I'm afraid, just to second this issue: since a recent upgrade to
2.6.18, blacklisting the pcspkr module no longer works and I hear annoying
beeps every time something happens. Easy to solve by other means, but I am
curious as to whether the blacklisting procedure has changed.

Regards,

John