Re: Problem removing package

I already solved the problem.

How?

1. Edit the files named /var/lib/dpkg/info/gtk-recordmydesktop.*  -- the uninstall script postrm and prerm
2. Put exit 0 at the beginning of the script -- after the !#/bin/bash
3. Uninstall the files

Then I was available to install the update.

Thanks anyway

On 12/17/06, Florian Kulzer < florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 07:49:54 -0600, Igor Guerrero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I installed gtk-recordmydesktop. After the install the package didn't
> configure. So now the package is update, it don't use pycentral now uses
> python-support
>
> This is the error when I want to install any application.Actually I cant
> install any application :(
>
> E: El paquete gtk-recordmydesktop necesita ser reinstalado, pero no se
> encuentra un archivo para éste.
> E: The package gtk-recordmydesktop needs to be reinstalled, but I didn't
> found it a file for it.
>
> Any idea?

Please post the output of

LANG=POSIX dpkg -l gtk-recordmydesktop

and

LANG=POSIX dpkg --configure gtk-recordmydesktop

--
Regards,
          Florian

--