Re: xserver-xorg-video-i810 now only displays 640x480 [SOLVED]

Alan Chandler wrote:
On Saturday 16 December 2006 07:33, Alan Chandler wrote:
I have just restarted my computer after having been away for a few
days and the display has come up in 640x480 mode and that seems to be
the only option.  I have NOT changed xorg.conf so my guess is that it
was a recent upgrade of the video driver or some other xorg server
things that have made this happen.

Specifiying Horizontal and Vertical rates for the monitor solved the issue.

But why did it happen in the first place?

Hugo