dumb question about gnome bittorrent...

Dear Debianists,

In Etch RC1 I notice that gnome bittorrent is installed with the OS. I use bittorrent in Fedora Core 6.

I have used it there to download Debian CD and DVD images.....

When I set it up I had to enter some commands at the terminal window that tweaked the firewall etc to allow bittorrent to be able to upload and download files.

Otherwise it won't work.

Despite the fact that gnome bittorrent is installed on Etch, do I still have to submit similar commands at the terminal to get bittorrent to work in Etch RC1....?

Is there a recipe/configuration window or other routine that you have to go through thbat is Debian specific to do it or could I copy the instructions I sed in Fedora to ape this correctly?

Regards

Michael Fothergill

Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic prizes! http://www.msnmoviemogul.com