mailing list archives

This is just an idea that occurred to me while searching the archives via google.

A large number of entries in the google results from the list are useless because they are the 'debian-user Jun 2006 by thread' monthly summaries.

Because each monthly summary is simply a list of the thread titles, it leads to false hits for my keywords, for instance 'dvd mplayer menu' hits all the monthly summaries, even when there isn't actually a msg referencing dvds and menus and mplayer.

Judicious use of the robots.txt file on the mail archive server would be a simple way to remove the summaries from the search engines, for instance something like:

Disallow: /**/threads.html

would probably do it.

Adam