Re: flashplayer9?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 12/14/06 15:09, Wulfy wrote:
I got fed up with messages on sites saying "please update your
flashplayer". so, not finding a deb for it, I googled and found this page;

http://wizah.blogspot.com/2006/10/debian-how-to-flash-9.html

I followed the instructions on that page, purged all the debs for
flashplayer, installed the .so and restarted Firefox.

Firefox still insists it has the v.7 player.  It also says way down on
about:config that it has the v.9 player.

Sites like <http://www.bagbybeowulf.com/video/index.html> still say I
have to update...

How do I get FF to forget about v.7???

$ wajig policy flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree:
  Installed: 9.0.21.78.3
  Candidate: 9.0.21.78.3
  Version table:
 *** 9.0.21.78.3 0
        500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/contrib Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA
I saw the etch/sid deb...  I'm running sarge....

The dependencies seemed to be very different. I thought it would be unsafe to install that deb.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.