From: Alan Ianson [mailto:alianson@shaw.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:51 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Kernel Panic

On Wed December 13 2006 08:57, Morgan Walker wrote:
> Thing is I can't get into a terminal to use APT, it freezes right after
> this error:-(.

Is grub your boot loader? If so I would hit "e" at the grub screen to edit
your kernel and initrd lines. On my amd64 box I have symlinks in / that point
to the actual kernel and initrd. I would try...

kernel          /vmlinuz root=/dev/md0 ro

and...

initrd          /initrd.img

Just a shot, not sure if that will work there or not.