Re: DVDs - err what gives?

On 12/13/06, Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 12 December 2006 23:41, Baz wrote:
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD i386
> Binary-1 20061204-18:47]/ etch contrib main
>
> deb http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
> deb-src http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian/ etch main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main

> deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD i386
> Binary-2 20061204-18:47]/ etch main
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch/main Packages
>
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main Packages
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main
>
> I removed the multimedia one through the Synaptic PM, but, it's obviously
> still there.
<qoute http://www.debian-multimedia.org/>
For etch (testing) alpha, amd64, hppa, i386, ia64, powerpc and sparc packages

Add in your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
or
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main
</quote>

so you have to add the line to the sources.list as given above.
Login as root (or sudo if sudo is configured) and type :

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

(nano is a simple text editor that comes with Debian)

scroll down to the  line:
http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch/main Packages

and EDIT it to look like :
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

also its better to delete or comment out the other multimedia.org lines as its
not a good idea to mix Etch and Sid packages.
to comment a line add a # at the very begining of the line.
eg :
#   http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main Packages

then press CTRL+x to save and exit (it'll ask for confirmation and file name).

After that, as root (or sudo if sudo is configured), type :

apt-get update

to update the repository info and type :

apt-get install libdvdcss2

to install the libdvdcss2

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR:
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break