Re: bulk mailer

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:58:36 -0600
"Russell L. Harris" <rlharris@oplink.net> wrote:

> So now I'm intimidated.  I'm thinking that perhaps that it would be
> better to use Mutt with an alias list.

Or even:

$ for i in `cat recipients`
do
  mail -s "Weekly study"  $i < study_this_week_file
  sleep 2
done

I took that approach years ago for sending a message to a number of
recipients. It worked pretty well, just need your 'recipients' file to
be a file with the addresses, one per line.

And you can make a crontab for this too.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.