Re: Debian as a Web server

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 23:38 +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> I have noticed that Red Hat, Suse, CentOS, Fedora, etc. appear to
> dominate the web server market as the backend powering most production
> servers and I'm wondering why Debian doesn't feature?

I haven't seen any numbers on this for a while, but about a year ago,
Netcraft posted an interesting article, "Strong growth for Debian". Back
then, December 2005, Debian was second only to Red Hat. Netcraft noted
that Debian was particularly popular in Europe.

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2005/12/05/strong_growth_for_debian.html

It would be interesting to see some more up to date numbers, both pre-
and post the release of Etch.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson