Re: k3b and wodim

On Tue December 12 2006 05:57, David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 08:21, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > On Mon December 11 2006 21:25, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > > In the past I have always used k3bsetup2 to configure permissions so
> > > that k3b would work properly. k3bsetup2 seems to be gone and k3b can't
> > > blank a cdrw disk. What does wodim need to be able to blank/write a cd?
> > > Should I set wodim suid root, or create a burning group or???
> >
> > Never mind that, I just got a new k3b and wodim package and it is
> > blanking/writing cdrw disks without any problems. No changes needed on my
> > part.. :)
>
> According to the k3b maintainer, k3b does not work with wodim. Differing
> command line options. If this has changed with latest wodim?

I have had some problems since the introduction of wodim, but after upgrading
yesterday k3b had no problem blanking an rw and then burning an iso to disk.
I haven't changed any of the command line options myself although the debburn
crew do seem to be working on it, they may have changed the way wodim works
with/for k3b.