change description on kernel-image packages?

Hi fellow users of debian,
I read about various accounts of newbies and others asking on ocassion
about 'why is debian upgrading my kernel?'. After reading the short
description on some of the kernel image packages, I think I understand
why and wanted to know if others though that my suggestion would address
this issue. The descrition on 'linux-image-2.6-k7' is 'This package
depends on the latest binary image for Linux kernel 2.6 on 32bit AMD
Duron/Athlon/AthlonXP machines.' While this subtly suggests that it may
upgrade your kernel, I think the wording could be improved to make it
dead clear. Something like 'This package depends on the lastest binary
image for $KERNEL kernel $VER on $BITbit $CPU machines. This package
will cause your kernel to be upgraded when you upgrade your system, so
if you do not want your kernel to be upgraded automatically, use the
specific kernel-image for your machine and not this metapackage.'
The change would affect every kernel-image, on i386 this is 20 package,
for a total of maybe 100 packages.  So it would be a 'mass bug filing'
of a minor bug of either wishlist or normal severity.
cheers,
Kev