Re: xorg 7.1.1 upgrade problem

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 14:04 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_Dispatch
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
> (EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (loader failed, 7)

That doesn't look good, but if it's the cause of your problems, I don't
know.

Try to remove the 'Load "GLcore"' line from xorg.conf if it exists
there.

By the way, what you posted wasn't the complete log file from X, was it?
It's usually /var/log/Xorg.0.log

> > Do you think this is similar to bug 394687[0]?
> >
> I thought not but now I wonder.  I had the line "VideoRam    4096" in
> the conf when the above errors happened.  Which worked with xorg 7.0.
> I just commented it out and now the driver fails with
> ----
>         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon Dec 11 13:51:01 2006
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
>
> (EE) TSENG(0): No valid modes found
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
> ------
>
> Not like 394687, but it does seem that the ramdac has something to do
> with the failure.

Could be something. Even if you haven't had much progress reporting
bugs, I still suggest adding a comment to that bug describing your
problem.

> > Have you considered contacting / filing a bug with upstream directly
> > about this? Try Bugzilla[1] or their mailing list[2].
>
> I sent the above user information in a bug report, via reportbug, and sent
> a copy to the "Debian X Strike Force" mailing list.

I still suggest contacting upstream directly,

If your problem isn't specific to Debian, chances are they are aware of
it and a possible solution.

> Tnanks loads Sven!  You have help me more than you know.  I really
> appreciate the 'kick' and hope that long post might help others as well.
>
> Many, Many Thanks.

Glad to hear that, I guess vesa is better than nothing :-)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson