Re: fs system for desktop

On 12/11/06, Douglas Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

I ran into this.  I started with ext2 (the standard) which got corrupted
and lost files with power failure.  Went to ext3 (ext2 + journal) which
was better but __silently__ would lose files.  Went to Reiserfs which
would get corrupted by reiserfsck.  Went to JFS and no more problems.

There was a discussion here a short time ago; try a google search

        site:lists.debian.org JFS

My suggestion is to use JFS for everything (and keep good backups).

Good luck.

Doug.

JFS in the end

and thanks all the kindly reply again!  :)