Re: KQemu on Debian Testing

On Sunday 10 December 2006 23:13, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 23:15 +0530, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > I recently installed Qemu, and later found out from the documentation
> > that I need to install KQemu too..for that acceleration thingy.
> >
> > I searched my packages list and found the kqemu source. I downloaded it,
> > which was later placed in /usr/src.
> > I extracted this file by using the proper commands, and now I am in a
> > pickle.
> >
> > This extracted folder doesn't have an INSTALL file for make INSTALL.
> > Anybody facing the same problem?
>
> Hi,
>
> Isn't kqemu available in binary form from non-free? Anway, If you have a
> reasonably new CPU, you might be better off with kvm.

Well..I have no idea..

This is my source.list file though:

#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 r0a _Sarge_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20050607)]/ unstable contrib main

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main