Re: raid + lvm setup

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 08:11:00PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:

> Then LVs for everything including swap.

my genuine curiousity question is why you would bother to put swap on raid? I
suppose if you had a lot of swapping going on and a drive failed, it
could be catastrophic, but that's the only reason I can see. And this
may be more than enough reason... I wonder what the overhead for that
it though?

[...]
> Does this seem like a workable/wise plan or here there be dragons?  Is
> there any reason to think that 20 GB is too small for a fully installed
> workstation including swap and /tmp (everything but /home)?

certainly seems workable to me, but I don't really know about these
things too much. Certainly, though (depending on how big your swap
is), 20G is enough for the system.