Re: How to uninstall X

On 07/12/06, Douglas Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:28:43AM -0700, Chris Purves wrote:
> What is the best way to completely uninstall X from my system?
> Presently, I have xorg installed.  I think I should be able to remove
> one of the X libraries, but I'm not sure which one.

You should be able to remove (purge) xorg.  If you're using aptitude, use it
interactvely and work your way through all xorg's dependencies to make
sure everything you don't want is removed (purged).

I found removing xbase-clients got rid of all xserver packages (as
well as KDE, GNOME, etc) which is what I was looking for.

--
Take care, eh.
Chris