Re: restarting isdnutils fails

On Wed 29 Nov 2006, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> I am running a sarge system with an AVM Fritzcard DSL providing ISDN as well.

Note: I have no experience with active ISDN cards whatsoever...

> vbox3 serves as answering machine. Sometimes the card hangs and I restart the
> connection completely using
>
> silverboxy:/etc/init.d# cat /usr/local/bin/restartPPP
> #!/bin/bash
>
> if ! /sbin/ifconfig |grep ppp0 > /dev/null; then
>   echo killing pppd
>   kill -15 `ps uaxwww|grep pppd| grep -v grep | cut -c 10-15`
>
>   echo shutting down DSL connection
>   /etc/init.d/isdnactivecards stop
>   /etc/init.d/isdnutils stop
>   /etc/init.d/capiutils stop

My instinct says it would be better to stop isdnutils first, then
isdnactivecards.

Note also that vboxgetty is run out of inittab, so that will probably
keep the ISDN devices busy as well, preventing the removal of the
modules.

(Sorry for the delay in responding, the fact it was sent to a debian
list caused it to be dumped in that folder instead of my inbox.)

Paul Slootman