Re: How do I configure debootstrap from within the businesscard cd? (Ultra minimal install)

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 07:05:25PM -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> >
> > something like:
> > boot computer with live cd
> > go to a terminal
> > partition the hdd
> > format the hdd
> > mount the root hdd partition as /mnt
> > use 'debootstrap .....' to download the packages you want
> > chroot to /mnt
> > add kernel and grub
> > use grub-update
> > exit
> > reboot to grub
> > (untested outline)
>

> I can confirm that this procedure works, though there may be some
> details missing. you may have to mount proc inside the chroot
before
> the actual chroot. I've done it a couple times but kept no notes
(bad
> Andrew).

Thanks Andrew, my question was how to trim the base installation. I
think I have a track on how to do this with debootstrap. I only
wonder if there is a way to do that with the businesscard cd.
I'll forward my post to debian-boot, but I don't expect much as that
list is mainly for announcements but I have nothing to lose.

--
Ottavio Caruso

I will not purchase any computing equipment from manufacturers that recommend Windows Vista? or any other Microsoft® products.
http://www.pledgebank.com/boycottvista

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited