Re: Preferred Mirrors for Apt

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:45:56PM +0200, David Baron wrote:

> If you have it working, then, why bother to change it?
>
> However, with the scheme I propose, all Debian packages would be taken care
> of. Other stuff like qmail, systemimage, stuff that one needs a repository
> other than Debian's own mirrors, would need be explicitely listed.

okay, I misunderstood. You are talking about stuff that is not
available from the debian archives at all. You can certainly specify
those locations in sources.list as well. I do that for
debian-multimedia and it works just fine.

I think we are talking each other in circles. So I'll just say

happy deb'ing :)