Re: Newbie wants to install Flock on Debian Etch rc1 i386.

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 17:32:04 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> I downloaded and extracted Flock. I expected to have to build the app
> from source, but I don't see the usual scripts. So... how do I install
> Flock for all users and will installing Flock screw up Firefox in
> anyway?

Just to be sure: Are you talking about this Flock?
http://flock.sourceforge.net/userguide.html

It is Java. You do not need to build it from source, you just need to
install a Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The official JRE from Sun is
available in Etch/non-free as package "sun-java5-jre".

--
Regards,
          Florian