Re: postfix relay smtp authentication

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:58:26PM -0500, T wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:27:45 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >> # cat /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
> >> upstream.mail.exchange                user@isp.tld:password
> >
> > Can you have multiple entries, one per user?
>
> From
> http://www.k2.on.lk/fourm/viewtopic.php?t=30
>
> "u can list many servers as you like with defrant passwords and usernames
> if you have tranport maps for domains"
>
> But I don't understand what exactly does it means. :-(

A transport map looks something like this:

server.tld            smtp:[upstream.mail.exchange]
.server.other.tld     smtp:[other.mail.exchange]

What you are referring to is the ability to have something like this in
the sasl_passwd file:

upstream.mail.exchange                user@some.isp.tld:password
other.mail.exchange                   user@other.isp.tld:password

Where a different username/password is used for different mail servers.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez