Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 01:39:04 -0900
Ken Irving <fnkci@uaf.edu> wrote:

>   The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
>
> I'll probably just go back to using apt-get, and probably
> everything will be fine until the next time I decide to try
> aptitude.  Is there a compelling reason to bother?
>
> Ken
>
> --
> Ken Irving, fnkci@uaf.edu

Is the problem, perhaps, because of the differences between apt and
aptitude?  I ran into the same problem when I first started using
aptitude.

What I did was to go into the interactive aptitude, deselected those
packages I didn't want removed and installed the package I wanted.
When aptitude was finished installing the package, it had created
its own database and all went well after that point.

--
Raquel
We are furious that the religious right has made Jesus into a