CUPS client problem

Hello,

I have a new laptop (Dell D620, with etch freshly installed) from my new job and I am trying to print using CUPS. The situation is the following, at work there are two different networks: xxx.xxx.10.xxx (let's call it 'internal') and xxx.xxx.20.xxx (let's call it 'external'). The cups print server is a machine on the internal network and my laptop is connected on the external network. I am not seeing any printers whereas when my laptop was on the internal network CUPS could detect automatically all the available printers. Do you have any idea of what I am missing?

I tried to add the name of the CUPS server in /etc/cups/client.conf but then when I go to "Desktop/Administration/Printings" I obtain the message: "The CUPS server could not be contacted"

Any help would be welcomed,
Cheers,
Nicolas