Re: Help: NO longer boots ;<

These are long shots, but since nobody else answered:

If the reboot after the power failure was the first reboot since
upgrading a package like udev or installing a new kernel, it
could be that your grub or lilo stanza is wrong, especially
if you have more than one hard drive. It could also be an incorrect
/etc/fstab. You can experiment with changing a grub stanza
by using the 'e' option. You can check /etc/fstab using
a rescue disk.

It could be that /dev/.static/dev was deleted because of
a file system error due to the unclean shut down or a faulty
hard drive.

Good luck!

Win