Re: Newbie need help on upgrading/installing "current weekly snapshot CDs"

aquamarine <gaiho.leung@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am a pure newbie on Linux/Debian coming from Windows world!
I downloaded just 3 of the 21 CDs from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/iso-cd/ website,
booted the 1st CD and install testing Debian successfully.

The main point is that I found no way to install my other 2 CDs. By
the way, I cannot find: (1) Software Sources settings (2) Synaptic
Package Manager to update my system.

Another method I tried:
open a terminal, and typed:
(1) su -
(2) apt-get update

<>
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD
i386 Binary-1 20061127-10:21] etch Release.gpg
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD
i386 Binary-1 20061127-10:21] etch Release
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD
i386 Binary-1 20061127-10:21] etch/contrib Packages/DiffIndex
Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot CD
i386 Binary-1 20061127-10:21] etch/main Packages/DiffIndex
Get:1 http://debian.crosslink.net etch Release.gpg [189B]
Get:2 http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release.gpg [189B]
Hit http://debian.crosslink.net etch Release
Hit http://debian.crosslink.net etch/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release
Hit http://debian.crosslink.net etch/main Sources/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org etch/updates/contrib Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Sources/DiffIndex
Ign http://security.debian.org etch/updates/contrib Sources/DiffIndex
Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/contrib Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Sources
Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/contrib Sources
Fetched 2B in 5s (0B/s)
Reading package lists...

<>

Is there any way to edit a config file (something like that) by
subsequent snapshot CDs and web links/ download sites as that of
Xubuntu/Ubuntu's Software Sources program???

Please HELP