Re: Media player

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 09:14:35AM -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:

> On Wed November 29 2006 07:44 am, cmo1@libero.it wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > I've solved my problem on apt-get...simply reading how to on Debian site,
> > sorry. Now, I would like to have a media player for video streaming on my
> > debian pc ...

> This is Christian Marillat's debian archive, it's moved now to
> http://debian-multimedia.org

Just to answer the original question, players available for Debian include
mplayer, gmplayer, totem-xine, totem-gstreamer, xine-ui, and vlc.  I tend to
use totem-xine.  On the other hand, for embedded web video I use the mplayer
plugin for Firefox.

The semi-free RealPlayer is also available as Helix Player, but I believe
the current version still only plays Real formats. The next release is a
more general media player.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!