Re: Grub extra option remain

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 12:09:15AM -0400, E0x wrote:
> i use the option vga=791 for get bigger resolution in the console ,
> but when i upgrade the kernel the auto menu update dont add that
> option to the new entry of kernel , i dont want stop  using the auto
> update grub way for i link find a way for put that option al the time
> that the menu update happen

If I'm reading this properly, you want vga=791 to be added to the kernel
lines, even when the kernel is upgraded.

If that's the case, check in /boot/grub/menu.lst for the following
sections and edit as desired:
## ## Start Default Options ##
## default kernel options
## default kernel options for automagic boot options
## If you want special options for specific kernels use kopt_x_y_z
## where x.y.z is kernel version. Minor versions can be omitted.
## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8=root=/dev/hdc1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8_2_686=root=/dev/hdc2 ro
# kopt=root=/dev/hda3 ro

## additional options to use with the default boot option, but not with the
## alternatives
## e.g. defoptions=vga=791 resume=/dev/hda5
# defoptions=vga=0x319

So if you wanted vga=791 to be added to *ALL* of the lines, make it look
like this, leaving the "#" at the front:

# kopt=root=/dev/ROOTDEVICE ro vga=791