Re: Paritioning Issue

2006/11/21, Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com>:
Hello.  This is really basic in regard to all the other mail I've seen so far here - but, here goes...

New to Debian.  Trying to install Sarge from DVD on my Thinkpad (Z60t).  At the partitioning prompt - only two options: completely overwrite the HD (guided?) or manual configuration.

If you have no unsaved data on your second partition, you may delete it from XP; After this you should see a third option, the one about free space. In manual instalation you could also see a so called hidden partition, used by laptop manufactureres for some mundane system tasks. If you still want to use the original operating system, let it untouched.

Debian is good.

If you want to rather accomodate w/, should be better to try an Debian Live flavour first.