Re: X resolution: dpk-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 does nothing

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 03:39 -0700, Ed Young wrote:
> For some reason debian installed X with a really low resolution so I'm
> trying to increase my screen resolution from 800x600  to something
> like 1024x768.
>
> I tried running dpg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and it returned
!!!!             dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> immediately without doing anything.
>
> What is the procedure for reconfiguring my x server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Ed

I assume that you have only mis-typed the command in this message, but I
better mention it. I also assume that you have just installed Debian
Sarge.
To execute the above-mentioned command, you have to be root. Type su and
then the root password.

--
Szia:
                        Nyizsa.