Re: Graphic program stopped working after (Xorg?) Etch update

jprigol@gmail.com wrote:
We have run Etch (i386) for 4 or 5 months and only run into a few minor
problems. However, after an upgrade (in late October or early
November), a commercial program for image processing called Envi we are
evaluating under debian, stopped working in graphical mode (a
segmentation fault is issued without any additional information;
command-line version works fine though).
We have tried reconfiguring Xorg, then reinstalling some X packages,
then Xorg, then Etch... without success ( Envi user forum has been
unhelpful so far).

debian2:~$ envi

I'd try running "strace envi"; see if that provides any additional info about what's dying.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully