Re: How to remove build dependencies ("apt-get build-dep") automatically?

On 11/22/06, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 01:33:08PM +0800, Deephay wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Since I have to add a missed configure option in the debian/rules of a
> package, so I used "apt-get build-dep xxx" and "apt-get source xxx" in
> order to build the package, the  "apt-get build-dep" installed a lot
> of build-dep packages and I want to know that is there a way to purge
> them? They have no further uses and seems they will not be purged
> automatically.
>
> Thanks,
Hi Deephay,
Here is an UNTESTED hack I just made:
apt-get remove $(apt-get --simulate build-dep xxx|grep "^Inst"|awk '{print $2}')
note that it will remove all build-dep of xxx, even in you wanted to
keep any.
Cheers,
Kev
Thanks Kevin, I did not notice there is a --simulate option, that is
helpful, so apt-get cannot handle this job itself?

Cheers,
Deephay