Re: Filter old mail with procmail

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 10:13:48PM +0100, Morten O. Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to filter my old mail with procmail? I have created
> filters for several mailing-lists (and they work), is it possible to
> fitler my old mails in ~/Maildir according to these filters?
>
> Thanks,
Hi Morten,
formail -s procmail < some_mail_box
will cause an mbox file to be processed by procmail. But there is one
thing, you should move the mail to an external location so that you do
not leave the old mail there, you will end up with 2 copies, one in the
old place and one in the new place.

So:
1) move unclassified mail to a temporary location
2) processes it with some command like above
cheers,
Kev